New and Nasty

I hate change. I like things tied up in a nice little bow and those who know me know I don’t even like to move the furniture. But times change. I had to redo the website due to the fact it was so old. I built it back when the violet wand guild site went down for a prolonged period. And most of the information has stayed the same. Im still cleaning up categories of articles etc. Well, comments, – do you like? Is it functional? Does it help?

But things do change and there are tons of new things, new information in the violet wand world. I’ll start here, this incredibly beautiful, screamingly sexy violet wand branding kit.  This in my mind, is what violet wands should be.  They should shout kink.  And be as handcrafted as the best set of your leather cuffs and pride of place floggers.  Of course it was made by THE experts.  And it was for a contest.  A CONTEST.  They made it, and gave it away- they donated it for a prize for an electro conference this month.  I hope the winner knows what they are getting there with this.

Solid states.  I wish they didn’t exist, but if you can’t afford stuff like the last paragraph and still want play value, the Nova violet wand has won me over.  I still think a solid state/electronic violet wand is not a ‘true’ violet wand since they are backward bastardization from the time when beauty devices began to be sold as ‘violet wands’ to make a buck.  BUT, when a violet wand specific company takes the electronics and makes it suitable for kink so that it actually performs like a violet wand instead of a skin care device, then I have to go with it.  The only one that can do that..including up to and including violet wand fireplay…is the Nova violet wand.   In my mind, its the only electronic violet wand qualified to call itself one.  If you don’t have the power to do violet wand techniques, then how can it be called a violet wand?

Because–at the very least– you will want your violet wand to have enough power to run these new kind of electrodes.  These electrodes are made of conductive glass.   Glass that conducts electricity.  We know that regular glass electrodes let the spark come through the glass, but when the glass is conductive itself it makes it possible to touch the electrode TO the person and they STILL feel the spark.  So that now when you use a violet wand electrode internally  you don’t just get a warm feeling, you get internal sparking. These are just some of the violet wand innovations in the past couple of years. That there are new developments in wands and violet wand accessories and attachments all the time, is just part of what makes violet wands so exciting. Lets face it, flogging doesn’t change. but wands…always new and always take your breath away.

pecker wrecker violet wand electrode yowza! Stick your dick in this and see if it doesn’t do just that. And violet wands are going more and more ‘mainstream’ all the time.  Which is a good thing as people’s sexualities open up to more than just sex, but to sensation and pleasure and all kinds of erotic delights.  I think we’re in the midst of a second sexual revolution as bondage is no longer a bad word.  There’s a rumor that a violet wand will appear in one of the upcoming 50 Shades of Grey movies, with the gear provided by one of the vendors mentioned on this site, but that movie is more than a year away.

24 Comments

1. corburt April 24, 2017 at 10:47 pm

Very interesting topic, thanks for putting up.

2. Stahlherz July 4, 2016 at 7:33 pm

Didn't one of your articles say the violetwands.com site was a scam or a phishing site? Either way, I think I'll go for violetwanda's site.

Where do you find that penetrable violet wand electrode thing?

• Emf Fan July 13, 2016 at 2:45 pm

No, the phishing site pretends to be http://www.violetwands.com. You can shop with confidence there, and it is undoubtedly the most popular violet wand company as of this writing due to their being tops in service, variety and price. Their popularity is surely why they are targeted for phishing. Violetwanda is also an excellent choice if you are looking for quality and longevity though you pay a bit more and have a longer wait on delivery or service. The penetrable violet wand electrodes are only at http://www.violet-wands.com (Mjolnir). Mjolnir is currently on their yearly summer hiatus where they don’t take any new orders until they take care of all outstanding custom orders.

3. Satch May 12, 2016 at 2:02 am

Degeneracy much? Why would anyone want to brand other people or allow themselves to be branded????

“This is not a bridge we can cross with some multicultural cuisine and a PBS special.”  I laughed out loud – got hit with this EXACT combo this week by a Liberal – this isn’t hyperbole, Liberals REALLY do think their PBS shows and gourmet food kitchens are the answer to the world’s problems.

• Kendall August 10, 2016 at 4:50 am

If you have to ask, then its not for you.  Why would you even be on this site then?   A temporary brand  even a permanent one is just another body modification like tattoos or piercings.  The bonus with violet wand branding is that it doesn’t have to be permanent.  So you get a cool body modification that YOU customize and looks cool and its temporary.  A lot of people A LOT Of people like the physical sensation of pain,there is a lot of science behind that, suggest you educate yourself there’s plenty of resources to help you.

4. David April 26, 2016 at 10:29 am

Twister: Twister was my favorite board-type games so get a twister spinner and mat, hook up one of you to the violet wand and start playing!
    the mat is a pretty heavy vinyl. So I put a metal plate under some of the colors that I could randomize. Then turn on the switch and let the fun begin.

5. WviernD, The Vern April 2, 2016 at 1:40 pm

Your picture link is broken. hot linked?

6. protect painters January 1, 2016 at 10:11 pm

Especially since I’m a life long clutz.

• Missi August 10, 2016 at 5:04 am

So am I.  They invented the name dropsy after me.  You know that line in Rudolph (Christmas special) that says ‘Bumble’s bounce!”?  Well I am living proof that Violetwanda electrodes bounce. Ill bet I prove it at least once a week.

7. Florjan December 17, 2015 at 1:12 am

I dont understand what is this?

8. EliseBlakelyManchester December 14, 2015 at 7:43 am

Im a big fan of steampunk and found this article searching through steampunk links. I had no idea what a violet wand is; still don’t really. I want one if it looks like this. Even though I have no need or intention of doing ANY BRANDING WHATSOEVER to anyone or myself. But I love the idea of writing on a lover and making a writing desk like this. Could hide other erotic toys underneath like lubes and vibrators or other steampunk gear. Make someone a walking treasure map while traveling on the train from Paris to Munich.

9. qiqi December 9, 2015 at 7:25 am

It’s always exciting to see new toys! Can’t afford them, but still exciting.

10. RonaldRum December 5, 2015 at 2:31 am

Its sad that there are not more kink news sites that would carry news about developments of bondage products like these. You have to hear about things by word of mouth, or go to events. there should be kink news.

• Kendall August 10, 2016 at 4:51 am

I agree, there is just no ‘news’ source for kink.  and there needs to be.  Its like the community is so fragmented that as soon as you get a central location for information or networking, then people are unhappy and creating spinoffs.  So you have to go to more than a dozen sources to find out things because X person won’t advertise Y person’s events etc.  we’re our own worst enemies sometimes.

11. MrandMrs December 2, 2015 at 6:07 am

I sent you a message on fetlife but I see you haven’t been on there for a while. Why didn’t we hear about that contest BEFORE it ended? I didn’t see it advertised anywhere, I didn’t hear talk about it, I didn’t see a thing. Something that exceptional- steampunky and sexy and violet wand-ish should have been everywhere.

• Emf Fan December 16, 2015 at 9:45 pm

The contest was posted on fetlife and on the ASK conference website and on the Violetwanda website as far as I know. Usually I have to track down violet wand information so I got wind of it afterward.

• Kiana May 12, 2016 at 2:15 am

If you want to know about violet wands just keep tabs on Violet Wanda

12. Melaniy November 28, 2015 at 10:57 pm

This is my first time on this site and i am in fact happy to read it all. But I cant see how glass electrodes should be safe to insert. What if you jerk or twitch around or buck your body or something? It’s fascinating to me how people like this I haven’t tried myself but want to. With someone responsible of course. I have a lot of reading to do.

• Daenerys August 10, 2016 at 4:55 am

You have to get ones that are special made for insertion.  You can’t just use any old glass electrodes.  But its the same as a glass dildo (and if you havent tried those you should–slick, cool, smooooooth).

13. Lady Margauz November 27, 2015 at 8:36 pm

I definitely like hearing about new things. I am drooling over that violet wand kit. I just bought one of the special glass electrodes. But ewwww did you have to bring up THAT movie?

14. Launasheart November 10, 2015 at 2:07 pm

I filled out a survey a few years back, I think 2012. If they were turned over to the Violet Wand guild, they don’t seem to have them there either. I’d like to know the results, after all we took the time to participate. And what about a new survey? There hasn’t been one since 2013 at least.

• Emf Fan December 2, 2015 at 11:47 pm

Surveys take such a huge amount of work I don’t know if I want to commit to that again. But I will think about it.

• HeleneofToys August 10, 2016 at 5:30 am

No, too much cop out.  I am sure there’s a website script that could do all the work for you.

• Big Morey May 12, 2016 at 4:00 am

same here id like to know what was done witht he results and how it came out